Website City of Sugar Land
The Traffic Management Center(TMC) Analyst will be responsible for monitoring and responding to real-time traffic conditions or reported concerns from the City’s Traffic Management Center. The TMC Analyst will also assist the City traffic engineer with creating necessary reports or applications to analyze traffic data, automate processes to assist with management of all Intelligent Transportation System(ITS) Infrastructure, and research new technologies/methodologies which with continue to improve on current capabilities.
- Collect data to complete travel time, incident, traffic volume and other reports that are needed by the Traffic Division. Respond to service requests submitted by the public with regards to mobility concerns.
- Program and test traffic controllers from the TMC as instructed by the City Traffic Engineer to address specific concerns or limitations.
- Assists with managing traffic for special events or emergencies within the City from the Traffic Management Center (TMC) to assist as needed. Coordinate any necessary instructions to field personal assisting with special events or emergencies.
- Coordination with UPRR, TxDOT, FBC, Centerpoint, Etc. to report or work through Traffic related items
- Work with computers to setup/configure ITS devices using serial or Ethernet connections. Learn multiple software configuration programs to complete tasks.
- Assist City Traffic Engineer with creation and reporting of performance metrics reported every monthly or quarterly with regards to effectiveness/performance of traffic using data collected at TMC.
- Assist in signal timing plan development using Synchro or Tru-Traffic.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college. Strong relevant experience will also be considered.
- Prefer 1-2 years of proven experience related to job description with focus in either traffic engineering, analysis, and creating solutions using computer programming.
- Prefer any related Licenses/Certifications related to job description
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License
Company: City of Sugar Land
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A