Website Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service
As the Director, you will provide executive leadership and direction for all information technology data, programs and systems for the Medicaid, CHIP and Basic Health Plan (BHP) programs. You will foster a culture of innovation and oversee the execution of an information and data management strategy.
- Serves as the Senior Executive accountable for optimized use of federal dollars invested in state Medicaid and CHIP systems.
- Maintains chief accountability for the integrity, transparency and availability of Medicaid and CHIP Data collected by the Federal government.
- Ensures the successful implementation and operation of Federal and State systems necessary for the financial management, program integrity, program oversight, and administration of the $600 billion Medicaid, CHIP, and BHP programs.
- Serves as the Chief Medicaid Technology Officer for all Medicaid and CHIP systems oversight requirements, collaborating with leaders to foster a continuous improvement program for systems procurement, implementation and vendor accountability.
- Provides a vision, policy advice, and operational direction for sustainable, high quality systems that support new health care reform initiatives incorporated within Medicaid, CHIP and/or BHP and coordinated with Medicare and the Marketplace.
- Leads data driven culture change to design and implement opportunities to foster data use in program oversight and management among Center staff as well as key stakeholders to improve how we work.
- Leads the development and implementation of a continuously improving roadmap for enhancement and coordination of information and data systems with other components.
- Develops national policies and procedures on Medicaid automated claims/ encounter processing and information retrieval systems such as the Medicaid Enterprise System (MES)and integrated eligibility determination systems.
- Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
- Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Fundamental Competencies: Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication, Integrity/Honesty, Written Communication, Continual Learning, and Public Service Motivation.
- Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
Qualification & Experience:
- Skill in demonstrating leadership and collaboration with a wide range of senior level state and or federal officials on complex issues preferably with large-scale data and IT programs.
- Experience leading large scale development and implementation of Health Care Data and information technology (IT) programs including the strategic design, project oversight and compliance, including financial controls, system performance, and vendor management.
- Experience leading enterprise-wide process improvement to incorporate the use of data in decision making and/or financial management activities, including developing and enhancing data analytic capabilities of staff and/or data stakeholders.
Company: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore County, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A