Website Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service
As an Accountant, you will serve in a trainee capacity performing limited-scope, entry-level accounting work that requires you to be equipped with well-established and basic accounting principles, theories, concepts, and practices.
- Assist senior accounting or financial management professionals to accomplish substantial segments of larger and more complex projects associated with OFM’s financial reporting responsibility.
- Analyze debt collection activity, commercial banking activities, and the financial operations of demonstration payment programs to determine compliance with existing debt management policies and regulations.
- Provide technical and operational guidance to staff in the processing of accounting documents and vendor invoices.
- Formulate a variety of routine financial reports for specific CMS programs and funds.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Individuals who within the previous 2 years, completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Therefore, you must have completed your educational program no earlier than February 18, 2020. Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation, begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which they completed their degrees (or certification). Therefore, veterans must have completed your educational program no earlier than February 18, 2016.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Degree must be conferred by June 30, 2022
Company: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore County, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A