Website U.S. Coast Guard
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Surface Forces Logistics Center, Industrial Operations Division, Norfolk, VA.
- Coordinating with engineers and naval architects to ensure coverage of all technical areas, receives overlapping intra-disciplinary responsibilities concerning attention to design project objectives and schedules.
- Maintaining contacts with equipment manufacturers and suppliers to find sources and technical information on specialized equipment.
- Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Evaluating maintenance and repair objectives and identifies the most economical and efficient procedures for project accomplishment considering all influences.
- Developing vessel maintenance and repair forecasts and administers allocated funds for annual vessel projects,
- Conducting ship checks and site surveys to obtain field data on the nature and condition of existing systems and structures, collects data to plan and analyze special projects, studies, and testing and development tasks assigned to SES.
- Meeting with contractors, manufacturers, and unit representatives to establish maintenance and repair requirements.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering development team.
- Knowledge of antenna design and applications.
- Experience in the compilation, formatting and application of equipment data to maintenance development.
- Demonstrated communications systems troubleshooting proficiency.
- Proficiency in technical writing, including reports on fault analysis.
- Experience on TEMPEST and/or EMI Rad Haz programs.
- Knowledge of RF communications theory and design.
- Support database experience (i.e. ALMIS, AMMIS, ACMS, NESSS, FLS, and SFLC Central).
- Experience in shipboard and shore-side installation standards, practices, and documentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems engineering/development lifecycle engineering.
Company: U.S. Coast Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A