Website U.S. Coast Guard
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), Force Readiness Command, Business Operations Division (B), Norfolk, VA.
- Providing information on closing credentialing gaps in training and qualifications and recommends financial resources to pay for gaps to include CG’s Tuition Assistance (TA), CG Mutual Assistance (CGMA), CG’s “Enlisted” Foundation Education Grant, Department of Education, and available scholarships from Work-Life and other organizations.
- Conducting a variety of studies concerning credentialing services.
- Reviewing credentialing policy and processes, including compliance with external programs and service provider needs, and proposes policy or process changes to improve program compliance.
- Reviewing member’s military training, qualifications, and education experiences and ensures information is validated and properly documented for credentialing credit purposes.
- Advising members on provisions of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) programs, such as Top-Up, Montgomery GI Bill, and the Reserve Educational Assistance Program.
- Serving as a direct and primary consultant to CG employees, providing access to workforce development opportunities through a variety of career mapping tools such as CG Credentialing Opportunities On-line (CG COOL), O*Net, and US Military Academy Preparatory Schools.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Applicant is required to meet the medical requirements of the position.
- This position requires a CNACI.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Telework is available in accordance with agency policy.
Company: U.S. Coast Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A