Website U.S. Coast Guard
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S Coast Guard, Atlantic Area, 5th Coast Guard District, Sector Virginia Command Center, Portsmouth, VA.
- Analyzing and disseminating a variety of nautical data such as current, tides, weather.
- Developing search action plans while investigating and coordinating ongoing activities and operations within the Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- Maintaining command and control of Coast Guard assets conducting Ports Waterways and Coastal Security (PWCS) missions, including those accomplished by other government agencies (OGAs).
- Providing command and control over Coast Guard assets in all maritime law enforcement operations and pollution response within the Sector AOR.
- Overseeing and monitoring the Sector’s response to Search and Rescue (SAR) cases in order to minimize loss of life and property at sea.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- The position requires a valid state driver’s license.
- Applicant is required to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Unofficial transcripts are required at the time of application.
- This position requires a Secret clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The applicant is subject to pre-appointment and random drug testing.
- The position requires shift work to include nights and weekends.
- Travel on commercial private/military vessels and aircraft may be required.
Company: U.S. Coast Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portsmouth, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A