Website U.S. Coast Guard
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Mission Support, Assistant Commandand for Command, Control, Communications, Computers & Information Technology (CG-6), C5ISC, OL-C5ISC-Portsmouth, C2PL-C2B, Portsmouth, VA.
- Managing multiple large scale C2 System projects utilizing system engineering and development practices in accordance with the DHS SELC process.
- Drafting and releasing high level C2 system correspondence including fleet wide advisories, Engineering Change Requests, Information assurance (IA) guidance and Cybersecurity updates in accordance with current C5ISC and Product Line direction. Providing administrative and technical support for IA activities including preparing documentation for certification and accreditation packages.
- Performing feasibility studies to evaluate different vendors and their products. Prepares technical assessment reports, design documents, implementation plans, and test plans. Recommends acceptance or rejections to senior program management.
- Establishing and maintaining configuration baselines for C2 systems products through rigorous adherence to C5ISC procedures and standards and record and manage configuration data and applicable technical information for Configuration Items in approved repositories.
Serving as the technical lead to develop Statements of Work or Performance Work Statements, Market Research, Cost Estimates, Acquisition
- Planning, Performance Monitoring and control, and other technical processes and documentation required to establish, maintain, and close out contracts.
- Scheduling and implementing Project Decision Events in coordination with the CG C5ISC Business Operations Division.
- Decomposing operational, functional and non-functional requirements into technical requirements and specifications, in accordance with established C5ISC standards and practices, for C2 systems services.
- Serving as a member of a C2 system Command Cyber Readiness Inspection Team preparing/assisting in compliance of rigorous network inspections.
- Identifying, plannning and executing appropriate test, verification, validation, and certification activities to meet operational requirements, agreed-upon service targets, and reliability, affordability, continuity and security constraints for C2 systems products.
- Serving as a technical expert and project lead for C2 design, integration, and implementation of support infrastructure for assigned systems.
- Managing all aspects (i.e. cost, scope, schedule, and risk) and phases of C2 systems project lifecycle to execute projects and service development activities in accordance applicable guidance to deliver services based upon approved requirements.
- A one-year probationary period may be required.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- A state’s driver license is required.
- See Other Info section for mandatory training per grade level.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Company: U.S. Coast Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portsmouth, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A