Website U.S. Coast Guard
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Surface Forces Logistics Center, Industrial Operations Division, Norfolk, VA.
- Conducting ship checks and site surveys to obtain field data on the nature and condition of existing systems and structures, collects data to plan and analyze special projects, studies, and testing and development tasks assigned to SES.
- Evaluating maintenance and repair objectives and identifies the most economical and efficient procedures for project accomplishment considering all influences.
- Maintaining contacts with equipment manufacturers and suppliers to find sources and technical information on specialized equipment.
- Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing vessel maintenance and repair forecasts and administers allocated funds for annual vessel projects,
- Meeting with contractors, manufacturers, and unit representatives to establish maintenance and repair requirements.
- Coordinating with engineers and naval architects to ensure coverage of all technical areas, receives overlapping intra-disciplinary responsibilities concerning attention to design project objectives and schedules.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Qualification & Experience:
- Support database experience (i.e. ALMIS, AMMIS, ACMS, NESSS, FLS, and SFLC Central).
- Demonstrated communications systems troubleshooting proficiency.
- Experience in the compilation, formatting and application of equipment data to maintenance development.
- Proficiency in technical writing, including reports on fault analysis.
- Knowledge of antenna design and applications.
- Experience on TEMPEST and/or EMI Rad Haz programs.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering development team.
- Knowledge of RF communications theory and design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems engineering/development lifecycle engineering.
- Experience in shipboard and shore-side installation standards, practices, and documentation.
Company: U.S. Coast Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A