Website U.S. Coast Guard
The primary function of this position is to serve as a Program Analyst supporting the USCG Surface Acquisition Programs, specifically the development and delivery of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) products and capability to support operations and sustainment of the newly delivered cutters and boats to the fleet.. The USCG has reorganized its acquisitions activities to combine the Acquisition Services Division, Office of Contract Activity, Office of Research and Development, and created a Program Executive Office into one entity named the USCG Acquisition Directorate (CG-9). The Coast Guard is modernizing or replacing over 90 cutters and 200 aircraft. As a project staff member, the analyst will report to either the Assistant Project Manager or the Project Manager.
- Leading, conducting or participating in complex management studies and reviews, particularly those with wide or significant effect upon acquisition planning and implementation including budgeting, scheduling and risk analysis. The budgeting and financial management activities include preparing, documents and presenting financial analyses such as economic analyses (EAs), business case analyses (BCAs), comparative rates of return on investment (ROI) and analysis of alternatives (AoA) for management and support to program managers (PMs) and Project Managers, as required.
- Supporting planning and development of acquisition efforts and articulates the planning to complete acquisition related documents based on MSAM guidance.
- Other major responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing, reviewing and preparing budgetary and financial statements for CG- 9′ s Acquisition Program and providing interpretations of financial reports, statements and data that point out trends illustrating deviations from standards and/or plans and future data projections;
- Computing and estimating the effect of proposed changes in legislation and/or regulations on financial systems and services;
- Participating in integrated product teams (IPT) to support projects;
- Ensuring operating program objectives are met by monitoring budget allocation
- Acts as an expert on special projects, advising top management on major office issues.
- Leading, conducting or participating in complex management studies and reviews, particularly those with wide or significant effect upon agency’s policy, processes, operations, fiscal control and economy and those where the boundaries of the studies may be broad.
- Organizing assigned projects; planning, organizing and directing team study work.
- Selecting qualitative and/or quantitative methodology appropriate to the subject under examination.
- Supporting a project manager in conducting Earned Value Management (EVM) analysis, trend analysis, Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs), Surveillance Reviews (SRs) and other EVM analysis across multiple projects.
- Monitoring the use and rate of expenditure of budgeted funds in assigned areas through continuing dialogue with project officials and their staff, review of written documents, and examination of accounting records.
- Tracking, monitoring, and evaluating the project funding requirements against the approved project budget.
- Providing expert analysis and evaluations to management that encompass programmatic milestones, schedules and budgetary resource planning and execution required for effective management operations and decision making.
Company: U.S. Coast Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: IT
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A