Website U.S. Coast Guard
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, US Coast Guard, Fiscal Department in Baltimore, MD.
- * Producing travel orders, making transportation and lodging arrangements and making reservations for supervisor and/or immediate office staff when needed.
- * Managing the office copier, printers and other office equipment.
* Preparing commercial express delivery carrier documents as required and ensures timely package pickup.
- * Reviewing incoming mail for distribution reviewing mail for subject matter, distributing to appropriate individual, department or unit command.
- * Taking requests for appointments, checks on availability of supervisor and/or staff.
- * Serving as alternate collection clerk for the Yard.
- * Establishing and maintaining filing system for internal office use, completing administrative forms for personnel, budget, contracting and similar issues from previously submitted papers.
- * Controlling suspense items by maintaining record of receipt, assignment to individual and tickler file for follow ups.
- * Receiving facilities maintenance service calls from Yard campus personnel and routes to the contract service provider.
- * Receiving visitors and callers to the office.
- * Ensuring supplies for all are maintained, and provides technical support to other users when necessary.
- * Maintaining detailed payroll records for various financial appropriations and prepares reports, analyzing time and attendance data.
- Ability to type at least 40 wpm.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Qualification & Experience:
- National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Applicants must have one year of specialized experience to at least the GS-6 level in the Federal government. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular ability, skill, and knowledge to successfully perform the duties of this position and is typically in or related to this line of work. Examples of specialized experience include: preparing travel orders, receiving visitors, procuring supplies, time and attendance.
Company: U.S. Coast Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: IT
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A