Website U.S. Coast Guard
This position is responsible for assisting the Carpenter or Carpentry Worker in the construction, altering and repairing of building structures, fittings, panels, partitions and other wood or wood substitute duties common to the carpentry trade.
- Assisting in building, repairing, altering, laying out and/or erecting, sills, beams, corner posts, ridge poles, trusses and frames and installing window frames, doors, outside trim, inside trim, inside walls, sheathing, floors, ceiling, stairs and associated hardware.
- Assisting in the assembly of items with a variety of joining techniques.
- Assisting in treating wood and materials prior to installation.
- Assisting in fabricating and repairing a variety of wood articles such as benches, tables, lockers, and cases.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The position requires a valid state driver’s license.
- Applicant is required to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- May be required to work overtime.
- May serve on the Emergency Response team which will require travel.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This position requires a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Company: U.S. Coast Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: mechanic
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A