Responsible for building, managing, operating and continuously improving Systems, Storage, Database and/or Tools Infrastructure that support Comcast’s customer facing applications, back-office and provisioning infrastructure in a 24/7 environment. Focuses on architecting, building, deploying and stabilizing code, services, systems and tools. Drives standardization and service focused instrumentation. Provides subject matter expertise. Resolves break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary and partners/leads vendors and regions to achieve continuous improvement. Contributes to command and control related activities focused on restoration of complex outages, communication across Comcast and rapid restoration. Works and directly leads external vendors, third parties and associated agencies when necessary to address issues across the infrastructure. May participate on 24/7 on-call rotation. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Scripting and Development responsibilities (if applicable): Develops software in several modern languages. Develops database-backed systems and has a solid understanding of DB schema and query performance. Designs horizontally-scalable solutions with innovative use of storage and networking, including solid APIs for integration with other systems. Utilizes professional best practices in day-to-day work like revision control, unit testing, or other. Applies statistical data analysis techniques.
- Database Platform Management responsibilities (if applicable): Masters understanding of database concepts, availability, performance, usage and configuration. Sets up, troubleshoots and tunes complex standard and non-standard replication. Uses knowledge of existing database platforms to evaluate and recommend new technologies. Uses database knowledge to solve issues on unfamiliar products. Creates and maintains database policies, standards and overall documentation including availability, replication, availability and backup and recovery policy, service level agreement, baseline architecture, change management, access to production, unsupported HW/SW, security & audit violations and risk acceptance.
- Operating Systems & Disk Management responsibilities (if applicable): Provides in-depth knowledge of Operating System internals to aid in troubleshooting complex problems. Acts as an expert on at least one supported Operating System. Mentors and trains more junior team members on Operating System concepts, configuration, tuning and troubleshooting techniques. Creates basic task automation scripts in Shell, Perl, VBscript, or similar. May manage servers remotely in a distributed environment.
- Storage and Backup responsibilities (if applicable): Sets up, troubleshoots and tunes complex SAN software issues. Uses knowledge of existing storage platforms to evaluate and recommend new technologies. Uses storage knowledge to solve issues on unfamiliar products. Creates and maintain policies, standards and overall documentation including availability and backup & recovery, service level agreement, baseline architecture, change management, access to production, unsupported HW/SW, security & audit violations and risk acceptance.
- Networking responsibilities (if applicable): Recommends or helps architect an entire system, including network design and topology. Expert in understanding and performing TCP dumps, snoop and other network sniffers. Understands and applies knowledge of most protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP etc.).
- Develops solutions for very complex and wide reaching systems engineering problems. Sets new policies and procedures to handle future issues. Creates systems engineering and architectural documentation to be used by others to build and maintain systems.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A