Responsible for planning and designing internal communications network. Plays an important role in the testing and certifying of new hardware, configurations and services prior to deployment to the Company Network. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Tests and turns up new uCPE and Wireless Backup circuits in a production environment. May recommend new practices and procedures, as necessary.
- Develops and implements test and acceptance criteria for network elements.
- Collaborates with Engineering and Vendor teams on resolution of systemic problems.
- Interfaces with customers to resolve customer issues with their service.
- Understands Network Function Virtualization (VNF) concepts and strategies including Universal Customer Premise Equipment (uCPE).
- Executes test plans and logs results. Gathers supporting documentation such as installation photos and speed tests.
- Interfaces with customers in regard to acceptance testing of SDN Overlay and Wireless Backup services. Executes test plans and logs results.
- Interfaces with customers to understand Change of Service requests.
- Performs deep dives and root cause analysis into customer issues looking for systemic problems.
- Works in a Software Defined Networking (SDN) environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrates expert level knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP) routing and switching fundamentals to include network topologies, routing protocols, IP addressing, firewalls, Network Address Translation (NAT), Quality of Service (QoS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name Service (DNS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Virtual LAN (VLAN) architectures, High Availability, Unified Threat Management, OSI layer 1-4 protocols and technologies (TCP/UDP, Ethernet, WIFI, Broadband, etc.).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A