We are looking for qualified Company Secretary with demonstrable experience to join our General Counsel Function. In this pivotal role you will support the General Counsel on corporate governance, regulatory and some insurance matters in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Acting as Secretary to Costa Coffee’s charity and any sub committee(s) of the charity, as required
- To pro actively manage local compliance service providers in various overseas jurisdictions
- To assist in producing, obtaining approval and filing of Costa Coffee and its subsidiary companies annual reports and liaising with various other functions such as finance as appropriate .
- Assisting with the delivery of transactional or board projects, as required
- To support and diligently manage various insurance aspects including annual renewals process and liaising with business stakeholders as required
- Assisting with subsidiary restructurings
- To effectively and pro-actively manage the compliance for Costa Coffee and its subsidiary companies including the drafting board minutes, maintaining registers, producing and filing confirmation statements and other documentation at Companies House.
- To successfully manage and maintain a process for ensuring that Costa Coffee and its subsidiary companies meets their corporate governance requirements, UK and overseas jurisdictions
Qualification & Experience:
- Desire and drive to take on new challenges in a rapidly-expanding, fast-paced business.
- Demonstrable experience of all company secretary responsibilities including knowledge of corporate governance and regulatory requirements.
- Subsidiary governance experience
- Qualified Company Secretary with experience at a reputable UK based company with subsidiaries, UK and overseas
- Self-motivated and commercially astute.
- ICSA qualified company secretary
- Good technical knowledge of Companies Act and corporate governance rules
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate to various stakeholders across the business at all levels.
- Attention to detail and good drafting
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dunstable, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A