Delivery Driver drives commercial truck with air brakes and hydraulic lift to deliver merchandise to members’ places of business. Unloads orders from truck, collects payments, issues return credits and completes paperwork.
- Checks with member for approval of any substitutions made.
- Loads damaged or refused items onto truck for return to the Business Centre.
- Obeys all traffic laws (as set forth by municipal, provincial and federal governments).
- Drives delivery truck.
- Reviews invoices to locate merchandise to be delivered.
- Conducts safety inspection of delivery truck.
- Uses pallet straps when necessary.
- Verifies and confirms with members all items and item quantities delivered.
- Collects driver route sheet, truck assignment, driver manifest, member invoices, audit notes, resale cards, mobile phone and map book.
- Provides prompt and courteous member service.
- Issues return receipts.
- Obtains appropriate signatures and payments from members.
- Cuts shrink wrap from pallets and removes merchandise from truck with manual pallet jack or by loading onto hand truck/dolly and lowering on hydraulic lift.
- Calls Business Centre to arrange delivery for any missing items.
- Visually inspects pallets in truck to ensure correct number loaded, and that any cooler or frozen items are included.
- Business Centre experience preferred.
- Valid class D licence with air brake (Z) endorsement required.
- Commercial driving and delivery experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Familiarity with delivery area preferred.
- Safe, responsible, predictable, courteous and defensive driving with an awareness of traffic laws and safe driving practices is required.
- Costco Food Safety Certification – Level 1 required.
- Map-reading ability required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A