Cuts and trims and prepares raw meat for sale using saw, knives, grinder, tenderizer, roast tyer and automatic meat slicer, in addition to all duties of the meat assistant.
- Transfers cut and ground meat to styro trays. Loads styro trays onto large plastic tray and transfers to large wheeled rack for wrappers. Assists with wrapping. Assists with stocking meat case according to Meat Manager’s plan for product presentation and merchandising.
- Receives and rotates meat in cooler. Scans inventory, reworks and destroys.
- Inspects and reassembles equipment sanitized previous night. Reworks and restocks display case to assess daily production needs and rotates product.
- Operates meat grinder. Dumps meat into top of machine and checks fat content of each batch from grinder. Follows proper department production procedures and standards for quality and consistency of finished product.
- Brings cases of meat, up to 80 lbs, from cooler and empties contents onto meat cutting or other preparation area.
- Performs routine maintenance for machinery, equipment, and implements.
- Cleans and sanitizes area throughout the day. Performs duties to comply with health code, such as sanitation standards and maintaining proper temperatures. Follows all Sanitation Standards Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Cuts and trims meat to Costco specification using band saw, knives or automatic slicer. Operates tenderizing machine and roast tyer. Follows safety and security procedures..
- Licenses/Certifications : Food Safety Certification – Level 1 required first day in the position.
- Education/Training : High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Assists in other areas of the warehouse as necessary.
- Knowledge/Skills: Must pass Costco meat cutting test.
- Experience: Meat cutting experience required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A