Protects company assets from internal and external theft. Observes and reports potential safety and security hazards. Investigates, detains suspects, completes reports, cooperates with local law enforcement and testifies in court if necessary. Reports directly to Warehouse Manager.
- Reports potential internal theft situations to warehouse manager.
- Detects, identifies and reports possible shrink reduction opportunities within our operations to Management.
- Maintains evidence collected and report files from investigations.
- Observes, detects and reports internal dishonesty to the Warehouse Manager and Regional Loss Prevention Manager for approval to investigate.
- Follows and maintains knowledge of Costco procedures and applicable laws in performance of duties. Attends meetings and seminars regarding loss prevention.
- Detains and interviews shoplifters when warranted.
- Testifies in court concerning theft investigations.
- Prepares reports for internal use and for potential prosecution..
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience: Candidates with Loss Prevention experience will be given preference over other candidates. This should include a strong understanding and knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada relating to theft and
- fraud offences, the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Trespass act, and Privacy acts.
- Knowledge/Skills: Communication, observation, problem-solving skills required.
- Assists in other areas of the warehouse as necessary.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid Loss Prevention License as required by Province..
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A