Perform electrical inspection, construction, maintenance, and repair activities on switch heater/snow melters, power distribution equipment, and other fixed electrical assets. Employees must be able to meet and comply with the manufacturer’s weight limitation safety rating and recommendations for any equipment associated with performing their duties, including the 300 lb. safety rating for ladders (both portable and affixed) and fall arrest equipment.
- Install and maintain all classes of exterior/interior wiring for electric, power and roadway lights, including overhead lines, up to 15kv
- Install and maintain electric systems and inspect equipment before each use.
- Interpret and follow electrical codes, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications
- Understand, troubleshoot, install, maintain, and operate Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) associated with switch heater control cabinets.
- Work with power companies and other vendors to plan and complete job activities
- Install and maintain high and low voltage, overhead and underground wiring and equipment such as: switch heaters/snow melters, control systems, conduits & cables, cross arms, pole mounted fixtures, transformers & capacitors.
- Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operations and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Remove and replace defective poles and install conduits and conductors, dig by hand or mechanical means and set poles with the aid of mechanical equipment
- Handle testing instruments for measuring voltage, current power, insulation resistance, etc.
- Ensure compliance with National Electrical Code, National Electrical Safety Code and the Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA-70E)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Basic Math
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
Qualification & Experience:
- Fully vaccinated for Covid by start date or have received an approved medical or religious accommodation
- 18 years of age or older
- Journeyman Electrician
- One year experience reading and interpreting technical drawings or schematics
- Valid Driver’s License
- Master Electrician
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) after 60 days of start
- High School Diploma/GED
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cumberland, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A