Repair two-way radio communications equipment in a shop environment that provides reliable equipment for safe and timely response to operational problems. Read and follow schematics and trouble shoot down to component level. Effectively operate radio test equipment and repair Rf equipment. Continuously focuses on safe and efficient compliance with CSX rules and regulations.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Repair (at component level) two-way radio communications equipment including handheld portable radios, vehicle radios, base stations, head-of-train devices, end-of-train devices, dispatcher radios and any other communications equipment using radio frequencies to transmit voice and/or data, either CSX owned or outside party owned.
- Record repairs in the appropriate databases and follow all quality assurance procedures that are currently in place
- Prepare two-way radio communications equipment for assigned projects.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 or more years of experience in of experience in repair and maintenance of two-way communications equipment
- Associates Degree/2-year Degree
- High School Diploma/GED
- FCC License
- Fully vaccinated for Covid by start date or have received an approved medical or religious accommodation
- 1 or more years of experience in of experience required in repair and maintenance of two-way communications equipment
- Less than 1 year of experience in of experience required in repair and maintenance of two-way communications equipment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A