Manages the maintenance, inspection, and construction of railroad bridges, drainage structures, and tunnels in an assigned territory. Employees must be able to meet and comply with the manufacturer’s weight limitation safety rating and recommendations for any equipment associated with performing their duties, including the 300 lb. safety rating for ladders (both portable and affixed) and fall arrest equipment.
- Helps to inspect bridges, culverts, and tunnels on territory and performs annual inventory.
- Manages operating and capital budgets for bridges on assigned territory.
- Assigns tasks and schedules personnel.
- Determines bridge maintenance, inspection, and construction requirements on assigned territory.
- Coordinates activities with other operating departments.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Leads bridge teams and manages contractors.
- Develops routine maintenance plans, as well as long range plans, to include requirements for manpower, materials and equipment, logistics, and labor agreements under the direction of the Director of Structures.
- Implements safety policies and is responsible for the safety and training of all employees on assigned division.
- Regulatory (Federal Railroad Administration) knowledge
- Structural engineering knowledge
- Railroad industry knowledge
- Construction knowledge
- Microsoft Office skills
- Engineering knowledge
Qualification & Experience:
- Less than 1 year of supervisory experience in Railroad Engineering Operations
- 1 or more years of supervisory experience in Railroad Engineering Operations
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 or more years of supervisory experience in 1 or more years of supervisory experience in Railroad Engineering Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree/4-year Degree
- Fully vaccinated for Covid by start date or have received an approved medical or religious accommodation.
- Associates Degree/2-year Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Connellsville, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A