Inspects and maintains all track structure and right-of-way (ROW) to specifications set by CSX Transportation (CSXT) and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA). Directly supervises and develops track forces to ensure quality maintenance and safe work performance. Monitors all aspects of safety and overall track inspection and maintenance in assigned area of responsibility on a division. Leads and manages the personal safety and track safety processes and ensures policy compliance.
- Conduct engineering activities at major derailments and natural disasters.
- Ensure compliance to budget with hiring, overtime, and materials procurement.
- Ensure that any defects found by geometry cars and rail test cars are corrected by proper remedial action, within proper time frames using the CSX Integrated Track Inspection System (ITIS) and CSX Geometry Exceptions Management System (GEMS) for reporting and tracking work. Conduct efficiency and operational tests.
- Effectively utilize performance management and interpersonal skills to ensure timely feedback and coaching as required to maintain discipline and improve performance.
- Monitor track inspection periodically to ensure that all Federal and CSX requirements are being met by Track Inspectors.
- Conduct efficiency and operational tests.
- Effectively communicate and build rapport across departments, sub-departments, and public agencies.
- Manage safe and efficient work conditions.
- Efficiently plan work and allocate resources to ensure timely accomplishment of tasks
- Inspect production gang work and track construction projects to ensure quality compliance.
- Engineering and Construction knowledge
- Knowledge of curve elevation design theory and string lining curves
- Railroad industry knowledge
- Knowledge of basic track maintenance [e.g. CSX Engineering Field Manual and Maintenance of Way Instructions (MWI)]
- Microsoft Office skills (especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of derailment investigations
- Knowledge of FRA regulatory standards
- Knowledge of track inspections
Qualification & Experience:
- Less than 1 year of supervisory experience in Railroad Engineering Operations
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience in Railroad Engineering Operations
- Fully vaccinated for Covid by start date or have received an approved medical or religious accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree/4-year Degree
- Associates Degree/2-year Degree
- 1 or more years of supervisory experience in Railroad Engineering Operations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Evansville, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A