Website Dairy Queen
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Consultant home based in or around Phoenix, Arizona. The Operations Consultant provides project management for newly approved locations throughout Canada, and U.S. as needed, manage the process of opening new locations, provide supervision through on-site visits and effective post-opening consulting. Utilize knowledge of restaurant operations and staff resources to provide counsel, advice and assistance to franchisee owners/operators, to positively impact and improve their sales, profits, operating standards and operating systems, while maintaining or exceeding customer expectations. Facilitate the maximizing of the sales and profits of these new restaurants through operations excellence, thereby increasing the opportunity for additional development of restaurants and the profitability of American Dairy Queen. Protect Dairy Queen® brand and respective trademarks.
- Functions as project manager of newly approved locations and provides leadership and direction to cross-functional teams, both pre- and post-opening, for the development and on-going operation of successful restaurants to achieve the targeted operational and financial key performance indicators while in the assigned district.
- Become an expert in the training, troubleshooting and operation of all restaurant equipment.
- Train and implement the utilization of the PRIDE operating systems and routines to ensure franchisee compliance with ADQs operations policies and procedures using learning management systems and brand standards materials. Maintain consistent performance standards among franchisees within the assigned district.
- Ensure necessary initiatives are taken on a timely basis so that goals are accomplished in the areas of product quality, food safety, quality of service, speed of service, employee morale, productivity and profitability. Anticipate problems and develop workable solutions. Effectiveness will be measured by your ability to create economic value.
- Monitor franchisees training process. Ensure brand integrity is/will be maintained and training schedules comply with franchise agreements. Ensure that each location has the correct number of certified managers as per that location’s franchise agreement.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the activities for new restaurants as assigned from time of approval until the goals established in the transfer criteria are met and/or exceeded and the restaurant is transferred to the Operations Division.
- Possess ability to interpret and consult to restaurant equipment layout designs to drive efficiency and compliance with company guidelines.
- Maintain effective communication with the field and cross-functional teams as to activities within the system.
- Evaluate restaurant facilities and operations via company provided measures. Provide recommendations and consulting that will positively effect overall operations, sales and profitability.
- Provide business consulting services to recently opened locations within the assigned district. Prepare and analyze statistical data relating to the restaurant opening to improve restaurant operations including sales and profitability key performance indicators.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate concepts and programs to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas across a wide variety of business units.
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity with the Restaurant Industry (QSR preferred).
- Well organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have 4 or more years of increasingly responsible restaurant management (direct P/L responsibility for multi-unit geographically dispersed operations experience) and/or franchise operations management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant operations.
- A. or B.S. Degree in business, education, marketing or hotel/restaurant management required or equivalent combination of education and restaurant operations work experience.
- Proficient knowledge of marketing, finance, training, human resource and development.
Company: Dairy Queen
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A