Website Dairy Queen
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Accounts Payable Sr. Analyst supporting our corporate office in Bloomington, MN. The Accounts Payable Sr Analyst will support the AP Manager on end-to-end processes within Accounts Payable. This position is responsible for the accurate recording of financial transactions in accordance with GAAP accounting and ensuring accurate financial statements for appropriate areas by the proper recording and analyzing of invoices and journal entries. Their primary responsibility will be overseeing the marketing funds, including the accurate coding and approval of invoices / receipts, financial analysis of transactions, preparing journal entries and account reconciliations. They will act as the liaison between the AP department and other teams; documenting, evaluating, and making suggestions to improve processes and maintain a high work standard within the department. They will develop and maintain positive working relationships between the internal customers we support and our vendors.
- Daily activities: Manage the marketing inbox, ensuring all invoices are processed / paid timely, and resolve issues or discrepancies. This position will act as the escalation point for any complex transactions or payment issues for vendors.
- Month End Activities: Create, calculate, and complete journal entries. Assist in the monthly financial close process, provide explanations of results as compared to the financial plan and prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Problem Solving: Identify, analyze, and solve complex problems. This requires a strong technical knowledge of the A/P systems and the ability to utilize reporting systems (data mining).
- Influencing and leadership: develop and maintain strong relationships with key leaders and Finance Partners across the organization. Actively participate in defining consistent processes for communication, forecasting and financial accuracy/accountability with these partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Educating and training: Focus on helping our partners develop effective financial business acumen and train them on applicable finance policies.
- Working cross-functionally: Provide relevant financial information and obtain data necessary to ensure complete and accurate reporting, journal entries and forecasts. Answer inquiries regarding items posted to the marketing funds.
- Year End Activities: Assist in preparation of year end audit files and participate in audit meetings.
- Perform other accounting related functions as pertains to area of responsibility, including but not limited to: Chrome River support / maintenance, fleet support, sales & use tax management, 1099 reporting.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to foster a collaborative environment
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills and strong desire to follow through on issues
- Demonstrate continuous learnings and increases in job responsibilities
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with other departments throughout the company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate financial accounting information to a variety of customers
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage/prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Critical thinking skills to solve problems and identify opportunities in process, systems, and team
- Good communicator who openly collaborates and builds trust and relationships with team and others
- Self-starter with a positive attitude that takes initiative and drives results
- Strong influence management skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Accounts Payable automation technology and implementation
- Knowledge of Sales and Use taxes
- Experience with Account Reconciliation management systems, Blackline preferred
- Experience with Travel and Expense management systems, Chrome River preferred
- Experience with ERP and Accounts Payable systems, Microsoft D365 preferred
- Knowledge of 1099 processing / requirements
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 4-year degree in accounting and/or relevant certifications and 5 years of relevant Accounts Payable experience, or at least 8 years of prior Accounts Payable experience in lieu of accounting degree, including a working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience working within a franchisor organization, especially a QSR brand, is preferred
- Knowledge of International taxes including Canada value-added tax (GST, HST)
Company: Dairy Queen
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloomington, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A