Website Dairy Queen
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Manager, Corporate Stores & Projects. This position oversees the operations of IDQ’s two Minneapolis-based corporate stores, directly supervising the General Managers and ensuring that entire restaurant operations including financial performance, inventory, labor and staffing, management, sales, and marketing are functioning within IDQ’s expectations. The Corporate Store Supervisor/Project Manager sets high standards and creates a great environment for the store teams to work. The Corporate Store Supervisor/Project Manager collaborates regularly with Franchisee Support Center staff to provide an environment that tests potential products, equipment, programs, and processes for ultimate system-wide rollout. Ensures that corporate employee and franchisee training programs meet or exceed expectations and participates in various internal large operations-related initiatives and projects and ensures that field operations teams remain apprised of these larger corporate operations initiatives.
- Accurately document observations, data, and processes designed for consideration of decisions toward system deployment
- Oversee development of management bench strength to meet the current and future needs of restaurant operations
- Establish and manage to clear performance expectations
- Work directly with the corporate locations on implementing, testing and reviewing project activities with various internal departments to include, but not limited to, R&D, Operations, Marketing, Equipment, Retail Technology and Training/Curriculum
- Directly supervise the General Manager of both corporate store locations, advise management staff on restaurant operations
- Improve preparedness of field staff and franchisees for new product tests
- Facilitate training or training support that is needed to better prepare franchisees to correctly execute new products
- Create and implement annual business plans for both locations
- Hire, Develop and Lead high performing restaurant management teams – identify and build needed development plans for management teams
- Participate in the development of standard operating procedures and curriculum for brand/store level execution and system deployment
Qualification & Experience:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of restaurant industry (QSR preferred) and of restaurant operations.
- Experience working within a franchisor organization highly preferred, in particular in a training or operations role.
- 8 years of relevant experience, including 3-5 years restaurant management experience (multi-unit required/high volume preferred) and/or franchise operations management (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Proven track record of effective P&L management, including COGS, Labor, and Controllable expenses
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Business, Communications, Restaurant Management or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Company: Dairy Queen
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloomington, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A