Website Dairy Queen
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Specialist located in Little Rock, Arkansas. The Operations Specialist opens new restaurants and provide training support to the Operations Consultant and franchisee through on-site visits and effective coaching throughout North America. Utilize knowledge of restaurant operations and staff resources to provide counsel, advice and assistance to franchise owners/operators, GM’s, Assistant Managers and staff during the opening process. Provide leadership and coaching to franchisees and the restaurant staff in order to achieve the short and long term operational objectives of the franchisee and the company. Development of skillsets to assist franchise owners/operators, to positively impact and improve their sales, profits, operating standards and operating systems, thereby increasing the opportunity for additional development of restaurants and the profitability of franchisees. Provide leadership and/or support in the management of various projects within the organization.
- Maintain effective communication with the field and cross-functional partners regarding updated information pertaining to assigned projects. Maintain record that tracks your performance, communications and activities within your area of influence.
- Monitor and coach franchisees during the pre-opening training process. Ensure brand integrity is/will be maintained and training schedules comply with the opening process developed and agreed upon by the Operations Consultant and the franchisee.
- Ensure necessary initiatives are taken on a timely basis so that goals are accomplished in the areas of product quality, food safety, quality of service, speed of service, employee morale, productivity and profitability. Anticipate problems and develop workable solutions with the Operations Consultant of each project assigned.
- Ability to interpret and consult to restaurant equipment layout designs.
- Utilize the training material and systems developed for the store opening process to ensure a standardized system of operations.
- Assist the Operations Consultant with a planning, organizing and directing the training activities for new restaurants during the pre-opening training process. Provide post opening support as designated by the Operations Consulting Manager.
- Assist with the process of championing new ideas (product, service, etc.) from the franchise community. Capture best-demonstrated practices and share to team members and the franchise community.
- Train and implement the utilization of management systems and routines to ensure franchisee compliance with ADQ’s operations policies and procedures using learning management system and brand standards materials. Maintain consistent performance standards among assigned locations.
- Become an expert in the training and use of all restaurant equipment.
- Through observation and training, learn to provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams, both pre- and post-opening, for the development and on-going operation of successful restaurants to achieve the targeted 15% ROI in the first year of operation.
- Able to use all restaurant equipment, including broilers, fryers, soft serve machines, and blending machines.
- Willing to perform all tasks necessary in restaurant operations as a part of training for opening process.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Air and car travel for store openings in duration of one to two weeks, up to thirty (30) weeks per year. Such travel is essential to the position and the frequency will be dictated by the needs of the business.
- Ability to work on evenings, weekends and holidays, as necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to bend, kneel and/or extend arms over head as needed for restaurant operations work.
- Ability to drive an automobile for store openings. Valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required. May require sitting in vehicle up to 6 hours per day.
- Frequent (up to 8 hours per day) communication via telephone, and email.
- Ability to stand on tile and concrete floors for up to 14 hours per day during a restaurant opening.
Qualification & Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in business, education, marketing or hotel/restaurant management required or equivalent combination of education and restaurant operations work experience.
- Must have 1-3 years of franchise operations management or restaurant leadership experience, i.e. shift management or above.
Company: Dairy Queen
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Little Rock, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A