This position is responsible for maintenance, storage and utilization of the dialysis facility inventory and inventory system in accordance with DaVita’s Healthcare Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, OSHA, CMS, AAMI, federal, state and local regulations.
- Participate in facility QA/CQI process
- Establish and maintain inventory records for all dialysis supplies (including purchase orders and inventory transaction audits), logs, files, returns, obsolete/expired items, emergency orders, manual purchase orders and ensure appropriate levels of supplies, medications and equipment are available at all times using the automated inventory system; adjust processes to accommodate facility patient growth and item changes
- Maintain inventory on a first in/first out (FIFO) basis and ensure that supplies do not expire before usage; record inventory receipts, issues and transfers on a timely basis
- Communicate with management, staff, purchasing agents and vendors regarding supply delivery and notify Facility Administrator of any unusual incidents
- Order, receive, and issue supplies including medications daily; perform daily, weekly and monthly counts of supplies and reissue using the computerized system according to set standards; record supplies provided to other modalities (PD, Acute, Home Hemo, etc.)
- Perform duties and responsibilities of other positions in the clinic including, but not limited to Reuse Technician and Unit Secretary/Administrative Assistant as required
- Participate in team nursing and promote team concept in all facility activities; proactively assist other staff in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies and as allowed by state regulations (i.e. look for ways to help)
- Print and review system reports and inventory transaction audits on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as scheduled; submit reports to FA and review reports with the Facility Administrator
- Stock treatment areas daily and provide supplies, including medications, to staff
- Maintain neatness, cleanliness and safety of stock room per policy and regulations
- Willingness and ability to foster a positive work environment
- Ability to lift minimum of 10 pounds to a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, and use full range of body motions.
- Willingness to seek opportunities to help teammates and/or patients
- Knowledge of and adherence to DaVita Employment and Teammate policies
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Primary written language of supplies and inventory system is English
- Empathy, consideration, and respect for patients and co-workers
- Work Environment, LEVEL II – Job required tasks normally do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, but may require performing unplanned Level I tasks. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues; however, exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment and appropriate personal protection measures are required in those instances.
- Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
- Vision adequate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of position including repetitive use of computer monitor.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Federal Way, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A