Website DC Government
This position is located in the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs, Inspections, Third Party Division. The mission of the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) is to protect the health, safety, economic interests, quality of life, and sustainability of residents, businesses, and visitors in the District of Columbia by issuing licenses and permits, conducting inspections, enforcing building, housing, and safety codes, regulating land use and development, and providing consumer education and advocacy services.
- Supports all aspects of the DCRA’s Green Inspections Program, including program development, program maintenance, and field inspections. Performs inspections specific to the green Building and Energy Codes and the Green Building Act.
- Inspections may involve activities such as inspections of Heating, Cooling, Hot Water and Ventilation Systems; air and thermal barrier inspections; and building performance testing such as air leakage and duct leakage tests.
- Develops and delivers a quality assurance protocol for green building and energy inspections at DCRA, including all third-party inspections. Provides expert technical green building assistance to design professionals, contractors, and other District agency representatives and the general public, including but not limited to green code analysis, green inspections, building science concepts, and green building regulations.
- Assists with the delivery of green building seminars and training sessions for DCRA staff, other District government agency staff involved in construction and economic development, the D.C. building industry members, advocates and the general public. Maintains inspection records and prepare monthly and weekly tracking reports and other administrative reports to document them; and coordinates activities with other affected departmental representatives and/or agencies, as appropriate.
- Recommends changes, clarifications and/or updates to the existing codes, regulations, and processes, based on expert knowledge and feedback from interaction with local and national building professionals as well as other agencies.
- Performs outreach activities, including engagement with other industry groups, non governmental organizations (NGOs) and other organizations.
- Participates in interagency meetings and working groups focusing on green building practices and sustainable economic development.
- Expert knowledge of green building inspection and design best practices, sustainable building technologies, the construction and development process, the LEED rating system, ENERGY STAR, Enterprise Green Communities, the International Green Construction Code and the D.C. Green Building Act is required. Knowledge of the International Code Council’s model codes (specifically the International Green Construction Code and Energy Conservation Code), national green building programs (e.g. LEED and Enterprise Green Communities), the D.C. Green Building Act of 2006, and green building design, construction, technologies and principles.
- Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lowest grade in the normal line of progression.
- Specialized experience is that which has equipped the candidate with the knowledge, skill, and ability to successfully perform the duties of the position and include work inspecting buildings and structures and applying green building design best practices, sustainable building technologies, the construction and development process, the LEED rating system, ENERGY STAR, Enterprise Green Communities, the International Green Construction Code and the D.C. Green Building Act; or similar work using Green Building Codes, building standards & technology (such as LEED or Enterprise Green Communities).
Company: DC Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A