Website Drug Enforcement Administration
TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It’s tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.
- Plans, develops and implements media programs for the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) leaders and the Division that has coverage in multiple states to garner greater understanding of support for DEA’s mission.
- Advises management at various Division levels on public information matters.
- Develops and maintains relationships with local and regional media representatives to garner media placement and positive coverage of DEA.
- Plans and directs special outreach events, ceremonies, tours and other activities intended to develop public and media interest within the Division.
- Plans, directs and executes liaison operations for critical Division-wide programs, with national or international implications.
- Coordinates local press conferences, statements and press releases with the appropriate partner agencies in the event of a joint law enforcement investigation.
- Creates print, radio and broadcast news stories on drug diversion and abuse, prevention and drug abuse trends.
- Develops opportunities for the Division’s enforcement, regulatory and community outreach efforts to be recognized through internal DEA communications channels to include the “DEA Today” articles.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Background and/or Security Clearance
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Drug testing designated position
- Successful completion of an one-year probationary period is required (unless already completed).
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 Federal grade level performing the following duties: administering media relations programs to increase awareness and support the organization’s mission; advising managers at various organizational levels on public information matters; developing and maintaining relationships with local and regional media representatives; planning and leading special outreach events, ceremonies, tours and other activities to develop public and media interest within an organization; providing direction and executing liaison operations for critical organization-wide programs, with national or international implications; coordinating press conferences, statements and press releases with partner organizations/agencies during joint initiatives; and creating print, radio and broadcast news stories.
Company: Drug Enforcement Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A