Website Drug Enforcement Administration
This position is located in the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agency, in the following divisions:
Operational Support Division (SC), Office of Investigative Technology (ST) for Chicago, New Orleans and San Diego; New York Division, Tech Ops Group, for New York, NY location; Information Systems Division, Enforcement Team (TQOE) for Chantilly, VA and Seattle Field Division, Tech Ops Group, Seattle, WA. This position’s primary purpose is to support the work of Telecommunications.
- Provides oversight and guidance to staff in the areas of radio and satellite communications.
- Participates in research, development, and implementation of training, and determine agency-wide adoption of new technology, equipment and systems.
- Integrates multiple protocol systems covering a number of different functional agency operations.
- Evaluates, modifies, develops, establishes, installs, and maintains telecommunication systems software/hardware packages using new and advanced communications equipment and techniques.
- Conducts site surveys, coordinates with utility companies, and other law enforcement agencies in order to install, repair and recover systems.
- Serves on government working groups or agency committees in long range program planning.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- You must submit to a pre-employment drug test.
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of a background investigation, verification of qualifications, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, and any other job-related requirement before or after appointment.
- Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- DEA uses e-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States.
- Selective Service: Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/).
- Current Federal employees cannot transfer unused Time Off Awards to DEA.
Company: Drug Enforcement Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A