Website Drug Enforcement Administration
Serves as the Deputy Assistant Administrator (DAA) and Deputy Chief Information Officer for the Information Systems Division (TC) with full technical responsibility for leading the management, administration and execution of the development, implementation and operation of program policies and procedures pertaining to the Drug Enforcement Administration’s (DEA) Information Technology Program (IT). The IT Program supports all domestic and foreign DEA offices located around the world.
- Provides guidance and recommendations to senior agency officials and subordinates on advanced systems projects and resolves critical problems in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Conceives plans, directs and coordinates through subordinate managers, the full range of IT services required to meet the needs of DEA. Incumbent oversees the management, development, implementation, and evaluation of state-of the-art, cutting-edge, global information technology solutions, ensuring that they meet DEA’s mission requirements.
- Responsible for response to the requirements identified by information systems users in the development, testing, integration, implementation, evaluation, operation and maintenance of information technology systems used to secure DEA’s mission.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of IT projects and operations, ensuring that technical performance measures are met and that projects remain within budget and on time.
- Designs and develops strategic plans to ensure a sound integrated IT architecture and promotes effective system design and operation of all IT systems.
- Develops and defends budget estimates and related justifications, accountable for ensuring that funds, positions, property and other assets are properly used and within the operating budget..
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Background and/or Security Clearance
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Drug testing designated position
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- New appointees must successfully complete a 1-year probationary period.
Company: Drug Enforcement Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A