Website U.S. Department of Commerce
This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO), Marine Operations (MO), with five vacancies in a Negotiable Location.
- Troubleshoot electronics systems and equipment.
- Provide effective operating support to the ship and scientific customers in a professional and responsive manner.
- Plan and conduct shipboard maintenance on installed mission electronics systems, scientific sensors, and communications and navigation equipment.
- Repair electronic modules, digital computer data acquisition hardware and peripherals, shipboard navigation and communications systems and equipment as well as oceanographic, scientific and acoustic data acquisition systems and equipment.
- Accomplish special projects and initiatives that reduce life cycle costs; and improve ship maintainability, reliability, and supportability for electronics and mission systems.
- Provide project management and technical assistance that reflects knowledge of individual equipment, integrated systems; and installation standards, best practices, and procedures.
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
Company: U.S. Department of Commerce
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A