Website U.S. Department of Commerce
This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO), Marine Operations (MO), with five vacancies in a Negotiable Location.
This position is also announced under vacancy number OMAO-2021-0010 which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
- Plan and conduct shipboard maintenance on installed mission electronics systems, scientific sensors, and communications and navigation equipment.
- Provide project management and technical assistance that reflects knowledge of individual equipment, integrated systems; and installation standards, best practices, and procedures.
- Provide effective operating support to the ship and scientific customers in a professional and responsive manner.
- Accomplish special projects and initiatives that reduce life cycle costs; and improve ship maintainability, reliability, and supportability for electronics and mission systems.
- Troubleshoot electronics systems and equipment.
- Repair electronic modules, digital computer data acquisition hardware and peripherals, shipboard navigation and communications systems and equipment as well as oceanographic, scientific and acoustic data acquisition systems and equipment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
Company: U.S. Department of Commerce
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Statistics
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A