Website U.S. Department of Commerce
This position is located in the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), Information Technology Division with one vacancy in a location that is negotiable after selection.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-NEFSC-2021-0014, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
- Lead information technology projects (e.g., web based application development, hardware and software upgrades, etc.) through project management lifecycle.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- Collaborate and create strategies with internal and external stakeholders for improving operational efficiency, risk management, and contingency planning for mission applications.
- Perform needs analyses to define opportunities for new or improved business process solutions.
- Work with customers to test applications assuring software and systems quality and functionality.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
Company: U.S. Department of Commerce
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Statistics
Job Location: St. Paul, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A