Website U.S. Department of Commerce
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Alaska Environmental Science and Service Integration Center (AESSIC), Aviation Services Branch (ASB), with one vacancy in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Promote research and operations initiatives, support experimentation and development of new products, facilitate the advancement of forecast models, and support research studies and forecast validation efforts, and coordinate research, operational, and technology applications with and through multiple groups.
- Consult with users, partners, and formal organizations throughout the service area to seek their advice, counsel, and opinion as to the quality of service and participate in international collaborative efforts to support the consistency and harmonization of products and services.
- Manage the workforce, schedules and assignment of work, evaluate performance, consolidate input on the performance of non-supervisory staff, make selections for all positions within delegations, resolve grievances and complaints, take disciplinary actions or counsel and for Equal Employment Opportunity/affirmative actions.
- Oversee the provision of aviation weather services to the entire state of Alaska and adjacent waters, as well as the provision of volcanic ash hazard information over the same area and a portion of eastern Russia.
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
Company: U.S. Department of Commerce
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Anchorage, AK, US
Application Deadline: N/A