Website U.S. Department of Commerce
Satisfactory completion of pre-employment medical examination is required.
NIST works with industry and science to advance innovation and improve quality of life. We’re looking for Nuclear Engineering Technicians to join our team!
This notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which NIST has a severe shortage of candidates.
Learn more about this agency
The NIST Center for Neutron Research is a world class national user facility regarded as the foremost neutron research center in the United States, serving over 2,000 research participants annually.
The incumbents will work in the NIST Center for Neutron Research (NCNR) Reactor Operations and Engineering (ROE) Group as a Reactor Operator. Installation, use, troubleshooting, and repair of neutron facility instruments. Quality assurance and configuration management of mechanical equipment. Testing and calibration of reactor instrumentation. Eligible to apply for licensure by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must be registered for Selective Service if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- You must be suitable for Federal Employment
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment medical examination is required.
- This position requires the passing of a drug test
- You must be able to work shift work
- Position will be subject to random drug testing.
Company: U.S. Department of Commerce
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A