Website U.S. Department of Commerce
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Central Region (CR), Weather Forecast Office (WFO), with one vacancy in each location: Romeoville, IL and Louisville, KY.
- Provide appropriate advice, trainings, guidance, explanations, weather briefings and answers to questions as requested by the public, the media, and other interested customers of weather, water, and climate products and services.
- Analyze and evaluate local synoptic and mesoscale weather and hydrologic observations available from multiple observation sources at the WFO while on an operational shift.
- Ensure the basic operating characteristics of National Weather Service (NWS) electronic and computer systems used in data acquisition, communications, information processing, and dissemination activities, including control procedures associated with the WSR-88D and NEXRAD systems.
- Issue weather, water, and climate information, including accurate and timely warnings and forecasts, to the public and other customers served within the Weather Forecast Office (WFO) area of responsibility.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- This position requires a Low Risk Security Clearance.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Payment of relocation expenses is authorized.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
- This position is in the bargaining unit.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
Qualification & Experience:
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management’s website located at: https://www.opm.gov/policy.
Company: U.S. Department of Commerce
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A