Website Department of Energy
These positions are to be filled under the OPM Government-Wide Direct Hire Authority Certain STEM Positions for grades GS 11-15. This serves as a public notice for the use of the Direct Hire Authority in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3327 and 3330 and 5 CFR 330. Under this recruitment procedure, applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
- Use sound technical judgment and initiative to resolve the challenges of changing conditions and other problems relative to the assigned projects and programs.
- Use physics or mechanical, nuclear, electrical, chemical, civil, or industrial engineering theories, principles, and practices.
- Analyze situations, identify problems, probe causes, and recommends courses of action or solutions.
- Work closely with a team, perform assessments, clearly and concisely document assessment results, and present findings orally and in writing to the approval authority.
- Coordinate with related engineering and physical science fields adequate to effectively discuss technical points and to recommend acceptable engineering solutions to problems.
- Perform and interpret calculations, analyses, and computations for unknown factors or relationships primarily in the matters of factual nature of involving well understood mechanisms.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Subject to satisfactory security and suitability requirements.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Positions are located agency-wide and may be filled as permanent, term, or temporary with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
- Appointments made with this authority may be processed as a new appointment into the Civil Service.
- The vacancies filled through these appointments have varying levels of background investigative requirements, up to a Top Secret DOE “Q” clearance.
Company: Department of Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A