Website U.S. Department of Energy
These positions are to be filled under the OPM Government-Wide Direct Hire Authority Certain STEM Positions for grades GS 11-15. This serves as a public notice for the use of the Direct Hire Authority in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3327 and 3330 and 5 CFR 330. Applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
- Provide scientific advice and guidance to officials, managers, scientists, and engineer.
- Serve as an expert for a significant segment of a specific area in one or more of the following: advanced scientific computing research; basic energy sciences; biological and environmental research; fusion energy sciences; high energy physics; nuclear physics; and workforce development.
- Provide technical guidance on proposed research projects and programs of interest.
- Coordinate, implement, and evaluate segments of research programs in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assemble essential information on topics of assigned segments of research through various source materials.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Subject to satisfactory security and suitability requirements.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Positions are located agency-wide and may be filled as permanent, term, or temporary with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
- Appointments made with this authority will be processed as a new appointment into the Civil Service.
- The vacancies filled through these appointments have varying levels of background investigative requirements, up to?a Top Secret -?DOE “Q” clearance.
Company: Department of Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A