Website U.S. Department of Energy
If you’re looking to join a diverse and inclusive team of people committed to public service and who share your passion to deliver planet-changing solutions to the climate crisis-you’ve come to the right place. DOE’s Clean Energy Corps is made up of the staff from more than a dozen offices across DOE-all working together to research, develop, demonstrate, and deploy solutions to the world’s greatest challenge.
- Direct a program or major program segment with significant resources (e.g., one at a multimillion dollar level of annual resources).
- Evaluate contractor performance and overall program effectiveness in terms of mission accomplishment, schedules and budget, quality, quantity and environment, safety, and health standards, procedural, policy, and regulatory compliance, and technical competence.
- Oversee development of program cost-effectiveness measures and the conduct of cost-effectiveness reviews.
- Lead development of goals, objectives, and strategic plans, which define the long-term emphasis and focus of the program.
- Make decisions on work problems presented by subordinate supervisors, team leaders, or similar personnel.
- Provide technical and programmatic guidance and direction to personnel and contractors in accomplishing work.
- Exercise significant responsibilities in dealing with officials of other units or organizations, or in advising management officials of higher rank.
- Plan and initiate action to obtain effective use of resources, and to ensure completion of programs and projects as scheduled, scoped, and funded. Manages the development of contractor oversight plans.
- Assure reasonable equity among subordinate teams of performance standards and rating techniques developed by subordinate supervisors.
- The vacancies filled through these appointments have varying levels of background investigative requirements, up to a Top Secret DOE “Q” clearance.
- Subject to satisfactory security and suitability requirements.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- This vacancy announcement will be used to fill both STEM and DHA BIL Hire positions.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Positions may be filled as permanent, term, or temporary with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
Company: Department of Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A