Website Delta Global Services
This position offers an exciting and rewarding opportunity to be part of a team of professional scientists in the Aquatic Ecology Section (AES) and the Interagency Ecological Program (IEP). AES conducts field studies related to fisheries and general aquatic ecology in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta. The incumbent is responsible for the collection of fisheries, invertebrate, water quality, and other ecological data from the Yolo Bypass Fish Monitoring Program, special studies, or other long-term IEP monitoring programs. The incumbent should have a background in aquatic ecology, field studies, managing data, and statistical analyses. The incumbent will communicate and share research findings via authoring technical reports, peer-reviewed articles in relevant journals and/or giving oral/ poster presentations at pertinent scientific conferences. The incumbent will represent AES at relevant DWR and inter-agency project work teams.
- Current version of the State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678 (when not applying electronically), or the Electronic State Employment Application through your Applicant Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov. All Experience and Education relating to the Minimum Qualifications listed on the Classification Specification should be included to demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Resume is required and must be included.
- Other – See Supplemental Questionnaire information under Special Instructions below.
- Other – Cover Letter
- In addition to evaluating each candidate’s relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
- Effective written and oral communication skills, field experience, proficiency with Microsoft Office, ability to work independently and co-operatively with others, detail oriented, knowledge of floodplain and aquatic ecology, fisheries science, and statistical analysis, and an interest in working outdoors with a dynamic team.
Company: Delta Global Services (DGS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A