Website California Department of Motor Vehicles
Outgoing Mail is looking for self-motivated staff interested in working in a production environment. Must be able to operate various mailing machines and equipment consisting of high speed mail inserters, card attaching equipment, postage meters, heavy duty folders, scales, joggers, barcode reader, and sorter machines, and make complex adjustments and minor repairs on these mailing machines. The incumbent will maintain daily production records and transport material on pallets, cages, and/or postal carts; and complete proper forms for the Post Office billings. Must be able to lift/carry boxes weighing up to 50 lb. and keep work area clean and safe.
Maintains and operates a variety of mailing machines used to insert, affix, and sort a large volume of outgoing mail. Running, adjusting, feeding, and inspecting the accuracy of the mailing machines output. Other duties involve transporting materials to work area including bulk materials, envelopes, inserts, and other machine supplies for the various types of mailing machines. Performs close out procedures on sorter to send mail to the Post Office. Maintains the mailing machines by troubleshooting and resolving maintenance issues as they arise. Notifies supervisor of mailing machines maintenance problems. Transport Mailing Materials Duties (E) Uses an electric and manual pallet jack to lift and move mailing materials from the pallet to sortation stations. Places mail into mail cages and boxes. Transports mail cages to and from the dock and staging area. Assists other Mailing Machine Operators (MMO) by checking mail production accuracy located at the end of the mail machines (Piney Bowes sorter, PowerForward, and the Pitney Bowes inserters), gathering mail, loading this mail into mail trays and lifting trays into mail cages, as needed.
- One year of experience performing clerical duties related to outgoing mail functions in the California state service at a level of responsibility equivalent to that of Office Assistant (General).
- One year of experience in the California state service performing the duties of a Mailing Machines Operator, Range.
- Completion of a formal work experience training program in machines operations, such as those offered under the Manpower Development Training Act (MDTA), the Job Corps, the Neighborhood Youth Corps, the
- Concentrated Employment Program (CEP), the Work Incentive Program (WIN), or similar programs operated by State, Federal or local agencies.
- One year of experience operating a variety of mailing machines in the processing of outgoing United States mail.
Company: California Department of Motor Vehicles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A