Website U.S. Department of Justice
This position’s primary purpose is to serve as a Registration Program Specialist (Diversion) which is the key resource for all registration applicants authorized to handle drugs in accordance with the Controlled Substance Act (CSA). The incumbent will resolve minor discrepancies and approve a wide range of registration applications in accordance with DEA licensing criteria.
- Reviewing all registration transactions to verify the internal control process has been followed, such as examining all registration transactions and rejecting those not completed in compliance with agency standards and other applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Preparing reports, correspondence, and other written materials in accordance with established regulations and guidelines.
- Entering pertinent information into an automated tracking system and ensuring data entry is complete and accurate.
- Participating in managing the license registration process.
- Initiating contacts with registrant applicants who are requesting authorization to prescribe and dispense controlled substances in accordance with the Controlled Substances Act (CSA).
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Current Federal employees cannot transfer unused Time Off Awards to DEA.
- Drug testing designated position
- Selective Service: Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/).
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of a background investigation, verification of qualifications, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, and any other job-related requirements before or after appointment.
- You must be a current DEA employee on a permanent career or career conditional appointment.
- You may be required to serve a one year supervisory or non-supervisor probationary period .
- DEA uses e-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States.
- If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for
- Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application.
Company: U.S. Department of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A