Website DTE Energy
The Service Technician Apprentice classification requires that an employee shall be able to perform the following described duties. The installation of appliances such as water heaters, air conditioners, furnaces, humidifiers, other installations as required and establishing gas incidental to the installation and operation of appliances.
- Cutting, threading and connecting piping and tubing incidental to the repair
- Installation or relocation of all appliances and meters
- Starting and re-lighting all residential and commercial appliances having hourly inputs of less than 400,000 BTU including: space heating
- Adjusting, converting and repairing all residential and commercial appliances having hourly inputs of less than 400,000 BTU
- Install parts when necessary, changing, turning off, setting and removing all meters except industrial, including space heating meters
- Shall demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the rules and procedures
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have 3 years demonstrated HVAC experience.
- Must complete DOT Drug Test, respirator fit test and satisfactory physical examination.
- Required to pass a heating and cooling test.
- Must receive a “recommended” on the Field Service Examination.
- Must receive a “recommended” on the HPP Proficiency test.
Company: DTE Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Healthcare
Job Location: Flint, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A