Website DTE Energy
This position is responsible for operating, monitoring, and performing routine maintenance, in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, on all equipment located within a chilled water plant. Engineers will operate and maintain chillers and associated equipment, including heat exchangers, chilled water pumps, condensing water pumps, HVAC units, and perform all other associated work as directed. Work is performed under direct supervision with results reviewed through the achievement of set goals and adherence to policies, procedures, and industry best practices.
- Identify unsafe acts or conditions; eliminate/mitigate hazards immediately where possible and notify affected personnel and supervisor.
- Safely operate plant equipment to meet the day to day demands of the customer’s facility.
- Record and analyze plant operational data and operation of facility systems to maximize equipment efficiency and reliability.
- Understand plant systems as a whole and the interdependencies of equipment and operator input on function and performance.
- Respond to abnormal and emergency operating situations in a safe and reasonable manner.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties and general clean-up of the facility and immediate surrounding area.
- Perform maintenance on all facility equipment including predictive, preventative, corrective, and emergency maintenance. These activities include lubrication, filter replacement, tube brushing, equipment cleaning, painting, equipment tear down, inspection and re-build, etc.
- Record and document all maintenance activities that are performed on facility equipment. This may include utilizing a computer-based maintenance management program to electronically document information and historical data.
- Follows all Company safety/environmental rules and regulations including LOTO, confined space, fall protection, electrical safety, chemical safety, and fire safety.
- Provide on-call support for emergency and contingency situations.
- Four years’ experience in plant operations, including two years’ operating a centralized chilled water system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, coworkers, management, and the general public.
- Knowledge of basic water chemistry is desired.
- Knowledge of power plant mechanical and electrical equipment, including chillers, motors, pumps, water treatment systems, electrical distribution, control systems, etc., and associated maintenance functions.
- Ability to operate valves, switches, controls, keyboards, and other devices associated with power plants.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand fundamental principles related to physics, mathematics, electrical theory, heat transfer and fluid flow, thermal dynamics, and chemistry.
- Ability to use basic hand tools, portable electric and pneumatic tools, and basic lifting equipment such as chain hoists, davits, slings, and hydraulic cranes.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in all site-specific systems and sub-systems.
Company: DTE Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Healthcare
Job Location: Saginaw, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A