Website DTE Energy
Leads team of design and/or field personnel engaged in the design, construction, maintenance, emergency repair, and/or operation of overhead and underground lines, substations/stations or steam equipment. Implements and drives changes necessary to ensure continuous improvement within the Processes and leads a single focused team or grouping of teams to meet the specific objectives of the Processes.
- Promotes teamwork through coaching, training, and consistent administration of union contracts.
- Develops and maintains an employee environment that embraces the Core Values and encourages responsiveness to a changing business environment, emphasizes the importance of employee safety, and employee development.
- Assures and maintains personnel’s adherence to work practices and procedures, safety rules and regulations, and Union/Management agreements.
- Meets or improves performance goals, measures, and targets in support of the Processes. Manages all aspects of work assigned so as to complete a quality job, on time, and within budget.
- Represents the Company in daily contacts with customers, developers, municipal and governmental officials, and other utilities.
- Supervises underground field personnelin their day-to-day activities. Additionally, may be required to supervise substation employees, overhead crews and Planners in the design, construction, maintenance, emergency repair and/or operation of overhead and underground, substation/station or steam equipment.
- Knowledge of the Company’s software programs, such as OAS, WMS, etc Must meet Company driving standards.
- Availability to work shifts and extended periods of overtime
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with others.
- Or High School diploma or equivalent and seven years experience in the construction, maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of underground circuitry as a cable splicer or ten years experience dealing with underground systems.
- Proficient verbal, nonverbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Or Associate’s degree in Business or a technical Discipline and five years experience in the construction, maintenance, operations and troubleshooting of underground circuitry as a cable splicer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a Technical Discipline and three years experience in the construction, maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of underground circuitry as a cable splicer.
- Ability to develop develop goals, measures, and targets in support of organization, process, and corporate objectives, and to make recommendations and implement solutions.
- Must become Red Tag Qualified within six months of selection.
- Satisfactorily completed a Basic Electricity Course.
Company: DTE Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A