Website DTE Energy
Responsible for designing and developing training and training materials to support Customer Service job roles. Partners with multiple business units to analyze and understand training needs. Training materials include content for New Hire Contact Center training, Revenue Management and Protection, and Billing and Metering. Span of control – this is an individual contributor role.
- Develops training content covering any number of the following: specific products, policy and procedures, use of computers and software, interpersonal skills, quality & process issues, and/or product knowledge.
- Understands the business unit activities, priorities and learning needs; ensure that training materials are focused on meeting those needs.
- Leverages instructional design principles and utilize authoring tools to create training materials
- Identifies the correct evaluation/assessment instrument to evaluate effectiveness of client training.
- Applies best practice instructional design methodology and effective information design and writing skills to design and develop materials for E-learning, instructor-led courses, webinars, and On-The-Job training to engage learners in a blended learning environment and produce desired results.
- Collaborates with Technical Training to input evaluation/assessments into ASPIRE Learning Management System (LMS).
- Assists in identification of problems with the Customer Service and Billing System procedures or processes.
- Provides training documents regarding process, policies, procedures and quality level of professionalism with customers.
- Collaborates with business units to identify and validate relevant content to manage development of training materials (e.g. video, print, audio, web-based training, simulations)
- Manages interactions with business units to ensure that materials meet training design specifications.
- Demonstrate effective writing skills Knowledge of adult instructional and learning theory principles.
- Familiar with the use and application of training development tools (i.e UPerform, Captivate, etc).
- Capable of assessing learning and performance.
- Works under general supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and work under changing priorities.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Outstanding communication skills, oral and written, to manage the conversion of raw content into usable training materials.
- Familiar with the ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluation) model as a basic training development strategy.
- Ability to interpret various reports and recognize trends and offer solutions and develop content
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with articulate 360 and storyline .
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with adobe captivate and/or Vyond is a plus
- Seven years of experience in instructional design or training
- Experience in a Customer Service-related business unit (i.e telephone representative, billing analyst, or in a meter reading field, Customer Service Training.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Company: DTE Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A