Website DTE Energy
Senior level engineer responsible for planning and conducting engineering activities. Requires the use of advanced techniques and the application of theories, precepts, practice and disciplines, including practical field experience. Incumbents have the responsibility and authority to make decisions on engineering problems and methods applicable to the resolution of important issues. Participates on and leads teams of field employees, technicians, engineers and other personnel.
- May mentor and provide guidance/direction for less experienced staff.
- Interfaces with outside departments, vendors, suppliers, and reliability entities.
- Performs assigned (or initiates) engineering studies, proposing solutions to engineering-related problems; develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques & solutions.
- Develops, coordinates, and directs important projects or field engineering assignments with complex features.
- Develops or assists in presentations of engineering-related projects to all levels of management & external parties (contractors, customers, etc.).
- Plans and manages group workflow to meet budgets and schedules.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel and Word
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Knowledge of DTE Gas’s natural gas distribution system
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and a minimum of 4 years of job relevant experience
- Part 192 Gas Distribution Experience
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or job relevant discipline
- Natural gas Regulator and Overpressure Protection Engineering Design experience
- Natural gas Distribution System Planning Engineering experience
- Experience in Synergi Gas hydraulic system modeling software
Company: DTE Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A