Website DTE Energy
THIS POSITION IS REPRESENTED BY LOCAL 132C INTERNATIONAL CHEMICAL WORKERS UNION COUNCIL BARGAINING UNIT. Employees with bidding restrictions on their current position should not apply. Supervisors are responsible for notifying the Staffing Specialist if an employee is restricted from bidding on open positions.
To qualify for this classification an employee shall be able to perform the following described duties: cutting, threading and connecting gas piping and tubing incidental to the installation or relocation of all domestic appliances and meters; starting and adjusting all domestic appliances, including residential space heating, install all thermo-couple leads, re-lighting of all domestic appliances including space heating; execution of all leak orders, changing m turning on and off, setting and removing all residential meters including space heating meters; lead and direct the activities of employees of a lower or equal classification, adjusting, repairing and converting all space heating and air conditioning equipment; lead a crew altering, rebuilding and installing all meter manifolds, inspection and maintenance of rotary meters; setting, changing, turning on, turning off, and removing all commercial and industrial meters; temporarily replace an employee of higher classification during his or her absence; and possess a thorough knowledge of the rules and procedures of the service division; a good record in customer relations. This position requires working outdoors in varying weather conditions and customer service skills. Successful candidate(s) will be on a bidding restriction of one (1) year within their home division.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record (eight points or less)
- Successful candidate(s) must pass the DOT Drug Test and DOT Physical
- Must pass the required testing
- Must pass the required training
- Successful candidate(s) must complete a Background Check.
- Must successfully pass all pre-employment assessment(s).
- Must be willing and able to accept odd shifts, on-call, emergency assignments and work overtime per the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to use a variety of hand tools requiring upper body forces up to 40 lbs.
Company: DTE Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A