Under general direction, Associate Civil Engineers perform complex and difficult engineering work related to the planning, design, construction and operation of a large municipal water supply and wastewater utility, and hydroelectric generation system. This Associate Civil Engineer will primarily provide technical support to the Resource Recovery (R2) Program but may also provide support to other groups within the Wastewater Department (e.g., planning, design, or construction activities).
- Developing strategies for management of contaminants from trucked waste.
- Managing environmental attributes associated with renewable energy production including renewable energy credits (RECs), renewable identification numbers (RINs), and low carbon fuel standard (LCFS) credits.
- Management of attributes includes keeping abreast of policy development, financial analysis, account registration, and administration.
- Preparing a wide variety of technical reports, records, and related documents as required by regulatory agencies.
- Developing various technical materials for approval from both EBMUD’s Board of Directors and the regulatory community.
- Evaluating alternative energy recovery approaches for biogas generated from food waste.
- Making presentations to various groups, including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with other EBMUD sections, stakeholders, and representatives of outside agencies.
- Negotiating contracts and agreements with customers, partner agencies, and technology providers.
- Managing and scheduling surplus power sales..
- Four years of professional engineering experience (subsequent to obtaining the degree), which is equivalent to two years of experience at EBMUD’s Assistant Engineer level.
- California registration as a Professional Civil Engineer.
- A bachelor’s degree in an ABET-accredited civil engineering curriculum OR a California EIT Certificate.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record..
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A