East Bay Municipal Utility District’s (EBMUD’s) Engineering Services Division, part of the Engineering and Construction Department, is seeking a Senior Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer with exceptional project management, technical, interpersonal and communication skills with a strong background in planning, design and construction oversight of occupied buildings including structural, roofing, HVAC, electrical, security and building automation systems, as well as experience with workspace reconfigurations, code interpretation, site development and permitting.
- Effectively managing space in EBMUD’s occupied facilities, while enforcing design standards and balancing tenant needs to make the best use of available space. Make fiscally responsible furniture and building finish selections.
- Supervising the use of computer programs and data processing capabilities for engineering applications.
- Effectively prioritizing projects and responding to emerging priorities.
- Planning, scheduling, assigning, supervising, and reviewing the work of subordinate project managers and engineers, clerical staff and consultants engaged in project development, and the preparation of designs, specifications, estimates and reports for the construction of treatment and distribution facilities or systems.
- Preparing and administering the annual budget for the section. Maintaining resource-loaded schedules for all projects and providing monthly updates on the status of progress made and budget.
- Preparing or directing the preparation of Board documents, special planning and engineering studies and reports.
- Coordinating the work of the section with other design sections and work groups within EBMUD, and with other agencies and organizations outside of EBMUD.
- Performing difficult problem analysis and delegating the more routine aspects to subordinates.
- Representing EBMUD in contacts with other utilities, regulatory agencies, governmental bodies, planning agencies, private organizations, consultants, trade and professional associations, technical groups, developers, or other parties.
- Coordinating the preparation and publication of contract documents; attending pre-bid conferences to explain project objectives, drawings, and specifications to contractors and subcontractors; issuing addenda as required; and reviewing bids and recommending award to the most responsive bidder.
- Serving as program manager or project manager on major design projects, and as project manager on complex interdisciplinary engineering projects.
- Coordinating section activities with other EBMUD work sections, consultants, contractors, and representatives of other agencies.
- Providing input and guidance to EBMUD engineers at various stages of design, including 10%, 50%, 90%, and final design submittal of contract documents required as part of infrastructure upgrade or replacement projects completed by EBMUD’s Design Division.
- Extensive project management experience and excellent technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation to technical professionals and administrative staff.
- Planning, scheduling, assigning, supervising, and evaluating the work of discipline engineers, administrative support staff and consultants.
- Preparing annual plans and budgets for design and construction; preparing cost estimates; scheduling and tracking multiple concurrent projects.
- Broad, thorough, and diverse knowledge of multi-disciplinary building design projects.
- Extensive client and customer services skill. Ability to develop projects that meet client needs, within available budgets, balancing the needs of all District staff as a whole.
- Working collaboratively to provide timely and efficient service and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A